Sunday, March 17, 2013

HIV Symptoms in Women

Did You Know?If the number of HIV infected women continues to rise at present rate, they will outnumber men in near future. Besides, HIV assumes a more severe form in women.
HIV/AIDS remains the leading cause of death among the developing and underdeveloped nations. Although, men are more likely to contract this disease, the number of female patients is also substantial. African-American women in the age group between 25 to 34 are the prime victims of HIV/AIDS. General HIV symptoms in women are pretty much similar to those in men. However in addition to these, they also exhibit other more pronounced and difficult to treat symptoms.

What are the HIV Symptoms in Women

Earliest HIV symptoms include fever, tiredness, enlarged lymph nodes etc. These symptoms appear within a week of exposure to the HIV. The early symptoms of HIV infection are often mistaken for other symptoms of viral infections. After this stage, the virus goes in a dormant phase for 10 years or more. Although, there are no peculiar symptoms in this phase, the virus continues to remain active inside the body and is capable of causing infection to others when transmitted. The more severe symptoms of HIV/AIDS in women start surfacing after 10 years. These symptoms are as follows:

Susceptibility to Infections
HIV/AIDS makes the woman extremely vulnerable to frequent yeast infections. The common symptoms of yeast infections are burning, itching and dryness of the vagina. The yeast infections make urinating or sexual act extremely painful. These yeast infections can be cured temporarily with the help of anti fungal creams, suppositories or certain medications.

Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is yet another infection that surfaces frequently in HIV infected women. This is a condition where there is an excess growth of bacteria in the vagina. The bacterial infection causes similar symptoms as in yeast infections. However, a discharge in the vagina may be present as well. An antibiotic treatment is sufficient to cure bacterial vaginosis. The treatment should be initiated without delay, if the woman is pregnant.

Susceptibility to Other STDs
HIV makes the woman susceptible to other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) as well. Thus, the woman is likely to contract chlamydia, gonorrhea, genital herpes and the human papillomavirus (HPV). These diseases have their own set of individual symptoms, but generally include symptoms like nausea, fever, lower abdominal pain, lower back pain etc. Pain during intercourse and bleeding between menstrual cycle are some other symptoms of STDs. Interestingly, some STDs may not produce any of the above symptoms.

Susceptibility to Pelvic Diseases
Pelvic inflammatory disease which causes the inflammation of fallopian tubes, uterus and ovaries is a major disease that plagues the women suffering from HIV/AIDS. While there are no visible symptoms of pelvic inflammatory disease, the disease continues to damage the internal organs.

Variations in Menstrual Cycle
Women who suffer from HIV/AIDS undergo considerable menstrual variations. These may range from spotting between periods, light bleeding to very heavy bleeding. Amenorrhea is the severe type of menstrual problem which involves complete cessation of the periods.

Other Women-specific Symptoms of HIV

» Frequent vaginal infections are often indicative of HIV infection, if you have been at the risk of transmission. These infections are difficult to treat and keep on recurring.

» HIV also brings about abnormal changes in the cervix. Conditions such as dysplasia, cervical cancer are often the result of undesirable cervical changes. These conditions can be detected through a pap smear test.

» Genital warts, ulcers are often reported in women suffering from HIV infection. These can be considered as symptoms of some other STDs.

» Some women may also notice abnormal vaginal discharge that is thick, cloudy and yellowish gray in color. Again this can be attributed to contraction of STDs.

General HIV Symptoms

Besides the above mentioned symptoms of HIV in women, there can be variety of other symptoms. These symptoms may surface anytime after the exposure to the virus or even several years later. The symptoms are as follows:
Lack of energy or severe fatigue.
Sudden, unexplained weight loss.
Frequent low-grade fevers and/or night sweats.
Frequent oral yeast infections.
Swollen lymph nodes.
Skin rashes or flaky skin that is difficult to heal.
Short-term amnesia.
Painful swallowing.
Coma.
Pneumonia.
Diagnosis and Treatment

Diagnosis
HIV/AIDS is diagnosed by undertaking certain antibody tests. Presence of antibodies to HIV indicates a positive infection. Tests can be done if there is a known exposure to the virus or if any of the above mentioned symptoms surface. HIV symptoms can be difficult to interpret as they often coincide with those of other diseases. Thus, proper diagnostic measures are required to affirm the possibility of HIV/AIDS. Very early tests may not positively detect HIV, even though there has been contraction. Hence, it is recommended that you repeat the test after 3 months, if you suspect an exposure to the virus.

Treatment
As of now, there is no known treatment that can permanently cure AIDS. This is the reason why it still remains the most dreaded disease of the 21st century. However, medications can help control the infection and improve the quality of life of the patient. In addition, healthy dietary and lifestyle changes can also help in controlling the undesirable effects of this diseases. A combination of medications, diet and healthy lifestyle can help a person improve his survival chances to a great deal and lead a near normal life.

Since, there is no cure for AIDS, preventing it is the best way to combat it. Educate yourself regarding the various ways in which HIV transmission occurs, and take all necessary measures to protect yourself from this disease.

Disclaimer: This article is intended for information purpose only. Do not use the information presented herein as a substitute for medical practitioner's advice.

11 comments:

  1. An antibiotic treatment is sufficient to cure bacterial vaginosis. The treatment should be initiated without delay, if the woman is pregnant. early symptoms of hiv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so grateful to the great Dr chukwu madufor curing my herpes disease,for 4 years i have been having hsv 1 and 2 which made me look so horrible, since i have been having this disease i have been in a complete agony weeping everyday, i have gone to several places trying to get a cure but nothing was change, i came to the internet one day and decided to look for help online and i saw different testimonies of lots of people around the world on how they have been cured from various diseases by Dr chukwu madu herbal home and i also decided to contact him through his whatsapp number and i told him i have been infected with hsv and he assure me that he will help me to get cured from my disease, i believed him and obeyed all his instruction that he gave to me, afterwards he prepare a cure for me and when i received it and started using it just as he has promised me, i was told i will be cured from my infections within two weeks if i follow as i was instructed and i did as i was told and after two weeks i went for check up and to my greatest surprise i was declared negative and i was still in doubt and i waited for another week and went for check up in another hospital in another city and i was still declared negative, that was how i was completely cured totally within 2 weeks of usage. and i know there are also people out there suffering from various infections, why not you contact DR.Chukwu madu and get cured, via: [dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com]or watsapp on +2347030936239.

      Delete
    2. My Name is Faith, and am really grateful and thankful for what Dr voodoo
      has done for me and my family. I Was having HIV/AIDS for good three years
      with no solution, the diseases almost took my life and cause I was unable
      to work and I was also loosing lots of money for medication, but one
      faithful day when I went online, I met lots of testimonies about this great
      man so I decided to give it a try and to God be the glory he did it. he
      cured me of my diseases and am so happy and so pleased to Write about him
      today. if you need his help of you also want to get cured just the way I
      got mine, add Dr voodoo on whatsApp: +2348140120719 or just contact Dr
      voodoo via email, voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. brothers and sister, let me use these opportunity to introduce a great doctor that cure ME FROM HIV/AIDS WITH HIS HERBAL MEDICINE. Dr Akhigbe, he is also know as the godfather of berbalism and all kind of root to cure different diseases.i meant his different testimonies on this blog site i also reach him through his email. first he encourage me with good advise, he told me to stop thinking on about the HIV and let my mind be free.secoundly he learnt me a short lesson that was very cleard to me and make me to understand that using condom when having sex is best protction. how ever,
    The period of HIV infection to develop in the body is about three to four weeks. This period can, however, be longer up to 3 months and in rare cases up to 6 months. Most people generally develop detectable HIV antibodies by current method within 3 months of infection or to 6 months before it expand to years.Dr Akhigbe feel for patienas as his own sons and daughters he sent my herbal medicine through UPS express delivery and it took me 5 working days before i received it, he also instruction me on on how to use it. he is a good caring doctor he must write me each day to know if am following up with the herbal merdicine for good three weeks before he later order me to go to hoapitle for another test and i get a surprise result, that was how i get my freedom from the hand of hiv/aids.Dr Akhigbe also use his herbal medicine to cure diseases like HERPES ,HIV/AIDS , DIABETES , CANCER , ALS etc for his help please reach him through his email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or whatapp him +2348142454860

    ReplyDelete
  3. brothers and sister, let me use these opportunity to introduce a great doctor that cure ME FROM HIV/AIDS WITH HIS HERBAL MEDICINE. Dr Akhigbe, he is also know as the godfather of berbalism and all kind of root to cure different diseases.i meant his different testimonies on this blog site i also reach him through his email. first he encourage me with good advise, he told me to stop thinking on about the HIV and let my mind be free.secoundly he learnt me a short lesson that was very cleard to me and make me to understand that using condom when having sex is best protction. how ever,
    The period of HIV infection to develop in the body is about three to four weeks. This period can, however, be longer up to 3 months and in rare cases up to 6 months. Most people generally develop detectable HIV antibodies by current method within 3 months of infection or to 6 months before it expand to years.Dr Akhigbe feel for patienas as his own sons and daughters he sent my herbal medicine through UPS express delivery and it took me 5 working days before i received it, he also instruction me on on how to use it. he is a good caring doctor he must write me each day to know if am following up with the herbal merdicine for good three weeks before he later order me to go to hoapitle for another test and i get a surprise result, that was how i get my freedom from the hand of hiv/aids.Dr Akhigbe also use his herbal medicine to cure diseases like HERPES ,HIV/AIDS , DIABETES , CANCER , ALS etc for his help please reach him through his email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or whatapp him +2348142454860

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irrespective of receiving daily oral or future injectable depot therapies, these require health care visits for medication and monitoring of safety and response. If patients are treated early enough, before a lot of immune system damage has occurred, life expectancy is close to normal, as long as they remain on successful treatment. However, when patients stop therapy, virus rebounds to high levels in most patients, sometimes associated with severe illness because i have gone through this and even an increased risk of death. The aim of “cure”is ongoing but i still do believe my government made millions of ARV drugs instead of finding a cure. for ongoing therapy and monitoring. ARV alone cannot cure HIV as among the cells that are infected are very long-living CD4 memory cells and possibly other cells that act as long-term reservoirs. HIV can hide in these cells without being detected by the body’s immune system. Therefore even when ART completely blocks subsequent rounds of infection of cells, reservoirs that have been infected before therapy initiation persist and from these reservoirs HIV rebounds if therapy is stopped. “Cure” could either mean an eradication cure, which means to completely rid the body of reservoir virus or a functional HIV cure, where HIV may remain in reservoir cells but rebound to high levels is prevented after therapy interruption.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara so i contacted him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com even talked on whatsapps +2348149277967 believe me it was easy i drank his herbal medicine for two weeks and i was cured just like that isn't Dr Itua a wonder man? Yes he is! I thank him so much so i will advise if you are suffering from one of those diseases Pls do contact him he's a nice man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so grateful to the great Dr chukwu madufor curing my herpes disease,for 4 years i have been having hsv 1 and 2 which made me look so horrible, since i have been having this disease i have been in a complete agony weeping everyday, i have gone to several places trying to get a cure but nothing was change, i came to the internet one day and decided to look for help online and i saw different testimonies of lots of people around the world on how they have been cured from various diseases by Dr chukwu madu herbal home and i also decided to contact him through his whatsapp number and i told him i have been infected with hsv and he assure me that he will help me to get cured from my disease, i believed him and obeyed all his instruction that he gave to me, afterwards he prepare a cure for me and when i received it and started using it just as he has promised me, i was told i will be cured from my infections within two weeks if i follow as i was instructed and i did as i was told and after two weeks i went for check up and to my greatest surprise i was declared negative and i was still in doubt and i waited for another week and went for check up in another hospital in another city and i was still declared negative, that was how i was completely cured totally within 2 weeks of usage. and i know there are also people out there suffering from various infections, why not you contact DR.Chukwu madu and get cured, via: [dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com]or watsapp on +2347030936239.

      Delete
  5. Although therapy has become more tolerable and once daily FDC tables have made it easier to adhere to prescribed treatment, it still requires that patients take their medication regularly to achieve sustained viral suppression. When treatment adherence is inadequate and replication is therefore not suppressed, But dr itua promised and fulfilled his promised to me as he said I will share his work to people that are suffering from Infertility, Herpes, Hepatitis A/B, Fibroid, HIV/ Aids, Alzheimer's disease, Arthritis, Copd, Diabetes, Liver/Kidney Inflamotry, Fibromyalgia, Parkinson's disease, I have read a lot of testimony online from Jesus McKinney,Achima Abelard and Tara Omar on how dr itua heal them with his herbal medicine I contacted him on Email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then we talk on whatsapp +2348149277967 he gave me instruction on how to drink it for two weeks then after drinking it for two weeks I went for test then I find out I was cured of HIV, I thank him allot i also send him some money for appreciation, Contact this great herbal doctor if you are a sick person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. El Dr. Akpu es realmente un hombre enviado por Dios que ha curado exitosamente a personas con VIH / SIDA, HSV, HPV, CÁNCER, FALLA RENAL, TIFIODIS, SÍFILIS, ETS, CONTADOR DE BAJO SPARM, ERECCIÓN SEMANAL, INFERTILIDAD, DIABETTING, HERPATTITIS, y muchos Enfermedades más graves lo contacté durante mis días cuando sufrí una gran pérdida después de que se confirmó que HERPES era positivo. Me sentí muy triste después de intentar tantas formas de curarme de la medicina inglesa, pero no me dieron signos negativos para mostrar mi resultado. Tuve que buscar hierbas en el sitio web, cuando descubrí las maravillas que habían estado curando a las personas. Fue como un sueño hecho realidad, tuve que probar su medicina contactando con él. Lo preparó y me lo envió a través del servicio DHl y funciona perfectamente para mí. Tenía mi resultado negativo de HSV ahora. Dios te bendiga por curarme de los 22 meses de esclavitud con herpes. Ahora amo las hierbas. El Dr. Akpu es un gran herbolario. Necesitas su dirección para que los enfermos sanen. dr.akpupowerherbscent@gmail.com teléfono o whatsapp +2348079594617

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was hospitalized with pneumonia and possible TB. I was scared too. Was this cancer?
    I was finally allowed to go home. But had clinic visit a few days after.
    The doctor wanted to discuss what was happening to me and that because my CD4 was down to 40 and viral load in excess of 330,000 copies, things were looking extremely tough for me in the coming months. I feared the worse. Was this the end for me. Was I going to die. Terrible fear took over. People with my diagnosis don't usually survive.
    I had to take a whole month off work. Everyone was worried and wondered how I became so sick.
    I had a close friend who came to the clinic with me and just supported me.
    Fortunately my doctor was very positive and said it was going to be tough. But that I would survive.
    Its now been 8 months since that all happened. Nothing positive to show up for my result, my friend told me about an Africa Herbalist who cured her Sis from Herpes, i was left with no choice i allowed her to contact the Herbalist and complaints for my cure. The Herbalist assured me I will be fine after taking his medicine. He did prepared it and sent it to me following the institutions applied, I became very happy cos I knew I was recovery with the Herbal Medicine, before I could finished the last bottle, I was convinced about my cure, and went for my test and all my results tested Negative.My health is back and my body is respond to treatment.
    I'm hearing you. It isn't easy. Its freaking scary. I'm still fighting. And getting better each day.
    My viral load now is undetectable. But my CD4 is still low.
    I take each day now as a gift. I hey to look after my body. Mentally I'm still struggling. But I'm on the mend.

    Stay strong. HIV, HSV, HPV CANCER, DIABETES ETC..ARE NO LONGER A DEATH SENTENCE.

    I will be okay. And so will you. Life throws these things and challenges at us. To make us stronger.
    Together we will overcome.
    contact,
    Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com
    For Herbal remedy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so grateful to the great Dr chukwu madufor curing my herpes disease,for 4 years i have been having hsv 1 and 2 which made me look so horrible, since i have been having this disease i have been in a complete agony weeping everyday, i have gone to several places trying to get a cure but nothing was change, i came to the internet one day and decided to look for help online and i saw different testimonies of lots of people around the world on how they have been cured from various diseases by Dr chukwu madu herbal home and i also decided to contact him through his whatsapp number and i told him i have been infected with hsv and he assure me that he will help me to get cured from my disease, i believed him and obeyed all his instruction that he gave to me, afterwards he prepare a cure for me and when i received it and started using it just as he has promised me, i was told i will be cured from my infections within two weeks if i follow as i was instructed and i did as i was told and after two weeks i went for check up and to my greatest surprise i was declared negative and i was still in doubt and i waited for another week and went for check up in another hospital in another city and i was still declared negative, that was how i was completely cured totally within 2 weeks of usage. and i know there are also people out there suffering from various infections, why not you contact DR.Chukwu madu and get cured, via: [dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com]or watsapp on +2347030936239.

    ReplyDelete