Sunday, March 17, 2013

ALS Symptoms in Women

Did you know that about 20,000 people are affected with ALS in US alone? Besides, every year 5000 new cases of ALS are diagnosed. It equally affects people of all origins, ethnicities and geographic locations.
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) is a disease that affects voluntary muscles in the body. The degeneration of motor neurons is responsible for this condition. It is basically a genetic disorder and about 5 to 10% of ALS cases are inherited. Earlier, it was believed that ALS is more prevalent in men than in women, however, studies have shown that women are equally susceptible to get this disease.

Early ALS Symptoms in Women
ALS is a slow invading disease which strikes people in the age group of 40 to 60, though it is not unusual to find younger patients. In this disease, the motor neurons present in the brain as well as in the spinal cord degenerate or die. This leads to impairment of the motor function in the entire body. ALS is also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease, after the name of legendary baseball player, who fell prey to this disease. However, ALS is more commonly known to masses due to its other victim, world famous physicist Stephen Hawking. Due to the slow onset of the disease, the diagnosis is often delayed which limits the treatment options. Some of the early symptoms of ALS are listed below.

Muscle Weakness
Since, the disease attacks motor neurons, which are responsible for the movement of the body, the first signs of disease are exhibited through the malfunctioning of muscles. The person experiences unusual muscle fatigue and weakness, sometimes accompanied with muscle pain. Muscle cramps are also common at this stage. The person is unable to move arms, which further degenerates the motor neurons. The person finds it increasingly difficult to perform daily tasks such as dressing, washing, etc.

Difficulty in Walking
Imbalance, tripping, falling are some other symptoms of ALS which surface at an early stage. Since the muscles of leg become weak, they cannot support the body weight, which eventually results in falling or tripping.

No Control Over Expressions
Since the voluntary muscles begin to slow down their function, the person loses control over her expressions such as laughing or crying. If she starts laughing at some point, she may be unable to stop it for a long time. Similarly, if the person starts crying, it will be some time before she can regain the control over her expressions.

Dysphagia
Dysphagia is difficulty in swallowing food or liquids. Dysphagia is also attributable to the weakness of voluntary muscles of throat and mouth.

ALS Symptoms that Surface at a Later Stage
As the disease progresses to the later stages, the body begins to lose control over most of its voluntary functions. However, the noteworthy thing regarding ALS is that no matter how badly it affects the person physically, it rarely has any effect on the cognitive abilities of the person. The mind remains as sharp as ever unless there is an occurrence of Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD). In some cases, this disease is known to have contributed to depression or memory loss. The senses of sight, touch, hearing, taste, smell, muscles of the eyes and bladder are rarely affected. The following ALS disease symptoms become prominent in the later stages:

Slurred Speech
As the disease affects the motor neurons responsible for speech, the person is unable to speak clearly. As a result, the speech is slurred.

Complete Loss of Movements
At this stage, the person completely loses her ability to move muscles. She is often bed ridden with a constant need of supervision. She becomes greatly dependent upon others to perform her daily tasks.

Breathing Difficulty
As the muscles of lung start to weaken, the person experiences, shortness of breath. This may give rise to various respiratory infections, such as pneumonia. The person may have to be kept on ventilation for the rest of her life. This is usually the last stage of the progression of the disease. Even with the aid of ventilator, the person still finds it difficult to thrive and usually succumbs to death.

ALS problems in women can only be discovered when the symptoms become more pronounced. Delayed ALS diagnosis in women may hamper the survival rate of an individual. There are no treatments for ALS that can completely cure the disease or reverse its effects on the body. However, palliative measures can be adopted to ease the symptoms and prolong the life of a patient.

Disclaimer: This Buzzle article is for information purpose only, hence should not be used as a substitute for medical practitioner's advice.

8 comments:

  1. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from the dreaded ALS, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband was diagnosed of ALS in 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he had difficulty swallowing, all his joints were dead and that made him immobile to mention but a few. we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure in 2015. I never imagined ALS has a cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in three months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. ALS has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on josephalberteo@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister is in what most call the last stages of ALS. 70 years old. No speech, no movement except to very slowly text. Her only form of communication. I would do anything to help her. Is this for real?

      Delete
    2. I am so grateful to the great Dr chukwu madufor curing my herpes disease,for 4 years i have been having hsv 1 and 2 which made me look so horrible, since i have been having this disease i have been in a complete agony weeping everyday, i have gone to several places trying to get a cure but nothing was change, i came to the internet one day and decided to look for help online and i saw different testimonies of lots of people around the world on how they have been cured from various diseases by Dr chukwu madu herbal home and i also decided to contact him through his whatsapp number and i told him i have been infected with hsv and he assure me that he will help me to get cured from my disease, i believed him and obeyed all his instruction that he gave to me, afterwards he prepare a cure for me and when i received it and started using it just as he has promised me, i was told i will be cured from my infections within two weeks if i follow as i was instructed and i did as i was told and after two weeks i went for check up and to my greatest surprise i was declared negative and i was still in doubt and i waited for another week and went for check up in another hospital in another city and i was still declared negative, that was how i was completely cured totally within 2 weeks of usage. and i know there are also people out there suffering from various infections, why not you contact DR.Chukwu madu and get cured, via: [dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com]or watsapp on +2347030936239.

      Delete
  2. El Dr. Akpu es realmente un hombre enviado por Dios que ha curado exitosamente a personas con VIH / SIDA, HSV, HPV, CÁNCER, FALLA RENAL, TIFIODIS, SÍFILIS, ETS, CONTADOR DE BAJO SPARM, ERECCIÓN SEMANAL, INFERTILIDAD, DIABETTING, HERPATTITIS, y muchos Enfermedades más graves lo contacté durante mis días cuando sufrí una gran pérdida después de que se confirmó que HERPES era positivo. Me sentí muy triste después de intentar tantas formas de curarme de la medicina inglesa, pero no me dieron signos negativos para mostrar mi resultado. Tuve que buscar hierbas en el sitio web, cuando descubrí las maravillas que habían estado curando a las personas. Fue como un sueño hecho realidad, tuve que probar su medicina contactando con él. Lo preparó y me lo envió a través del servicio DHl y funciona perfectamente para mí. Tenía mi resultado negativo de HSV ahora. Dios te bendiga por curarme de los 22 meses de esclavitud con herpes. Ahora amo las hierbas. El Dr. Akpu es un gran herbolario. Necesitas su dirección para que los enfermos sanen. dr.akpupowerherbscent@gmail.com teléfono o whatsapp +2348079594617

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hospitalized with pneumonia and possible TB. I was scared too. Was this cancer?
    I was finally allowed to go home. But had clinic visit a few days after.
    The doctor wanted to discuss what was happening to me and that because my CD4 was down to 40 and viral load in excess of 330,000 copies, things were looking extremely tough for me in the coming months. I feared the worse. Was this the end for me. Was I going to die. Terrible fear took over. People with my diagnosis don't usually survive.
    I had to take a whole month off work. Everyone was worried and wondered how I became so sick.
    I had a close friend who came to the clinic with me and just supported me.
    Fortunately my doctor was very positive and said it was going to be tough. But that I would survive.
    Its now been 8 months since that all happened. Nothing positive to show up for my result, my friend told me about an Africa Herbalist who cured her Sis from Herpes, i was left with no choice i allowed her to contact the Herbalist and complaints for my cure. The Herbalist assured me I will be fine after taking his medicine. He did prepared it and sent it to me following the institutions applied, I became very happy cos I knew I was recovery with the Herbal Medicine, before I could finished the last bottle, I was convinced about my cure, and went for my test and all my results tested Negative.My health is back and my body is respond to treatment.
    I'm hearing you. It isn't easy. Its freaking scary. I'm still fighting. And getting better each day.
    My viral load now is undetectable. But my CD4 is still low.
    I take each day now as a gift. I hey to look after my body. Mentally I'm still struggling. But I'm on the mend.

    Stay strong. HIV, HSV, HPV CANCER, DIABETES ETC..ARE NO LONGER A DEATH SENTENCE.

    I will be okay. And so will you. Life throws these things and challenges at us. To make us stronger.
    Together we will overcome.
    contact,
    Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com
    For Herbal remedy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so grateful to the great Dr chukwu madufor curing my herpes disease,for 4 years i have been having hsv 1 and 2 which made me look so horrible, since i have been having this disease i have been in a complete agony weeping everyday, i have gone to several places trying to get a cure but nothing was change, i came to the internet one day and decided to look for help online and i saw different testimonies of lots of people around the world on how they have been cured from various diseases by Dr chukwu madu herbal home and i also decided to contact him through his whatsapp number and i told him i have been infected with hsv and he assure me that he will help me to get cured from my disease, i believed him and obeyed all his instruction that he gave to me, afterwards he prepare a cure for me and when i received it and started using it just as he has promised me, i was told i will be cured from my infections within two weeks if i follow as i was instructed and i did as i was told and after two weeks i went for check up and to my greatest surprise i was declared negative and i was still in doubt and i waited for another week and went for check up in another hospital in another city and i was still declared negative, that was how i was completely cured totally within 2 weeks of usage. and i know there are also people out there suffering from various infections, why not you contact DR.Chukwu madu and get cured, via: [dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com]or watsapp on +2347030936239.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so grateful to the great Dr chukwu madufor curing my herpes disease,for 4 years i have been having hsv 1 and 2 which made me look so horrible, since i have been having this disease i have been in a complete agony weeping everyday, i have gone to several places trying to get a cure but nothing was change, i came to the internet one day and decided to look for help online and i saw different testimonies of lots of people around the world on how they have been cured from various diseases by Dr chukwu madu herbal home and i also decided to contact him through his whatsapp number and i told him i have been infected with hsv and he assure me that he will help me to get cured from my disease, i believed him and obeyed all his instruction that he gave to me, afterwards he prepare a cure for me and when i received it and started using it just as he has promised me, i was told i will be cured from my infections within two weeks if i follow as i was instructed and i did as i was told and after two weeks i went for check up and to my greatest surprise i was declared negative and i was still in doubt and i waited for another week and went for check up in another hospital in another city and i was still declared negative, that was how i was completely cured totally within 2 weeks of usage. and i know there are also people out there suffering from various infections, why not you contact DR.Chukwu madu and get cured, via: [dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com]or watsapp on +2347030936239.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and eliminate diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome life style Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and over all well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I diagnosed diabetes in 2010. Was at work feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a cyclometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescription like: Insulin ,Sulfonamides,Thiazolidinediones but Could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain but brink back the pain again. i found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr Akhigbe cure her HIV  and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from diabetes by doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drrealakhigbe@gmail.com   or his Number   +2348142454860   He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, PROGENITOR, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE. HEARING LOSSDr Akhigbe is a good man and he heal any body that come to him. here is email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    and his Number +2349010754824

    ReplyDelete