Wednesday, April 4, 2012

More on Gallstones

Pigment stones:
 These are dark green in color, small in size, usually multiple and irregular in shape. They are usually seen inside the gall bladder and rarely in the common bile duct. They are formed due to blood disorders like haemolytic jaundice, chronic myeloid leukemia (blood cancer) and other chronic infections that maintain the erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) at a high level. These conditions, due to blood destruction, cause increased serum bilirubin level. These bilirubins are trapped in the liver and excreted in the bile. If the bile doesn't flow properly, these pigments accumulate as sediment and form stones.

Cholesterol stones are yellow in color and usually seen in singles. It is oval in shape, soft in consistency and smooth. This type of stone is usually seen in the hartmann's pouch in the neck of the gall bladder since these types of stones usually float.
Septic stones are more than aseptic stones.
 Mixed stones are brown in color, large in size, usually multiple and irregular in shape. These types constitute 70-80 per cent of stones. These stones are composed of cholesterol, pigments, salts and other chemicals. Since it is somewhat larger in size, it is usually seen in the body of the gall bladder as it cannot escape into the intestine and outweigh the risk of blockage in the common bile duct.

Causes of gallstones:
 Mainly, stagnation of bile in the gall bladder or duct for a prolonged time evokes stone formation as the outcome of precipitation or sediment. It may also be due to variation in concentration ratio of cholesterol with bile salts (normal it is 1:20-1:30) in the bile. In general, routine causes are:
Functionless gall bladder i.e. thick walled gall bladder with no contraction at all
Untimely, unconditioned diet and starvation often. Also reduced food intake can reduce the secretion of bile acids from the liver. This causes difference in composition ratio of bile salts and cholesterol, which finally results in cholesterol stones.

* Prolonged use of drips, by avoiding oral foods in case of hospital stay
 * Fatty, flabby belly and pregnancy can relax the gall bladder and thus cause stones
 * Malfunctioning of liver which secretes less bile with less bile salts
 * Infection of gall bladder (acute or chronic cholecystitis)
 * Injury in the gall bladder area which causes inflammation of gall bladder
 * Taking non-veg foods, fast foods, pastry, oily and spicy foods often.
 * Increased blood cholesterol level
 Diseases of the intestines - for example, ulcerative colitis, crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, etc. Here, absorption of bile salts from the intestine or recycling of bile salts is interrupted, so the liver secretes bile containing very low bile salts. These lowered bile salts can't maintain the cholesterol in solution, thus forming cholesterol gallstones.

Symptom of gallstones
 Even though many gallstones are silent or symptom-less, its presence can be gauged from:

* Intermittent or constant uneasy feeling or fullness in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen
 * Pain occurring just below the center of the right lower rib pointing to the gall bladder area
 * Vague pain after eating in the right upper quadrant of abdomen. The pain is more while bending or moving (since the rib presses the gall bladder) or due to infection
 * Pain may radiate to the right back or just below the right shoulder blade or right shoulder
 * Fever in case of infection or obstruction Bilious symptom complex - headache, nausea, constipation and abdomen discomfort. These complaints are usually better after vomiting.
 * Indigestion, gas trouble, eructation or heartburn and vomiting
There are many times that stone pain arises at night, similar to tooth ache. This is because small stones block the neck of the gall bladder while the person is in a horizontal position.

1 comment:

  1. What a miracle in my life! My wasted years is gone, does years of tears and sorrows when I was diagnosed of Genital Herpes, I never believed myself been affected with Herpes I know very much of the ignorance people says It's incurable. I was so ashamed of myself to show up publicly my doctor had to give me the antiviral like the acyclovir, which only helps to reduce outbreak.I had to engage myself consuming much of friuts,and vegetables then I had interest and I decided to check online for solution with herbal medicine my friend told me off about a month Ago, that it favoured her aunt who was suffering from Herpes through a great Herbalist Of Africa,Dr. Awada I found his mail online during my research from another testifier who confesses how Dr Awada cure her from fibriod she had suffered for 7 years of marriage,no child to show up. I felt so happy for her and lucky to myself because my friend was confirmed its the same Herbalist who cure her Aunt.
    I had to try my luck.despite my 6yrs dignosed, I didn't give up in trying to see I'm cured. I requested the medicine and he prepared sent it to me with guidelines of how to apply. I do received the medicine and used as instructed, I became to feel relieved and more energy in me,the blisters where gradually diminishing till I could see them no more. I love herbal so much now, He's medicine had saved my life at a very affordable rate I never expected. Thanks so much to all those who contribute to my breakthrough.
    Dr.Awada can cure you and you will be happy in less than 2 weeks. write back if you got cure so the world will know what to do to reduce herpes and other most deathly virus in the world. I
    Kindly contact Dr Awada @

    drawadaherbalhome@gmail.com

    request for your herbal medicine for all sickness, including HIV/AIDS,HPV,CANCER, DIABETES, HEPATITIS, KIDNEY FALIUR WEEK ERECTION,LOW SPAM COUNT, FIBROIDS,....GET YOUR CURE NOW
    drawadaherbalhome@gmail.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete